Coronavirus Track and Trace - May Half Term
If your child develops Covid 19 symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, please get them PCR tested immediately. If the result is positive please complete the form https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=h39P20f6aU-_qxZ1uyq2I_oNpgMXYflAutawwwVHrxpUMVg5QVA3OEpLQjFVTlhITEFWRDZGV0g2Ti4u or scan the QR code. Thank you.
Latest Coronavirus Guidance
The main symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with Coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
What to do if your child has symptoms
If your child has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible. Please remember that an LFT test (Lateral Flow Test/Device) SHOULD NOT be used if you have any one of the above symptoms) www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/
- You, your child and anyone else you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get the test result – only leave your home to have the test.
Anyone in your childcare or support bubble should also stay at home if your child has been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started.
Link to book a test if you have any of the following symptoms https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
If the result is negative, then your child and their family can return to school/work. If the result is positive then your household must self-isolate for the government specified time.